Thursday, March 22, 2012

Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide Weeks 4 and 5

I am taking May Flaum's Big Picture Class called the Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide.  It has some wonderful videos on techniques and great handouts.  Here are my submissions for weeks 4 and 5.
In Week 3 May decorated a bird house.  I was not going to do this project but as I walked into Joanne's Craft Store the bird houses were in a basket right out in front.  So here is my bird house project.
The Front

And the back.

I used a stamp from Stampington&Co for the roof tiles.  The paper is Creative Memories Reminisce Paper.  The trim around the bottom is a Cricut cut from the Reminisce Cartridge.  The back window and door is from the Cricut Christmas Cartridge.  The diamond window is a Cricut cut from the Reminisce cartridge with a layer of Glossy Accent to make it look like a window.  The jewel in the back attic is Creative Charms.  I really enjoyed making this birdhouse.

My next project was for week 4, Paper and Pen week.  I made this card.
I used inchie stamps from Inkadinkadoo.  The ink was Wild Honey Tim Holtz Distressed ink.  The papers were DCWV "Tattered Time."  The butterfly and word stamp are Stampington&Co.  The Journey lettering is my own calligraphy.  I used a Micron Pigma pen (.05) for the black penwork.

Week 5 was Embossing and paste.  I made this tag with dry and wet embossing.
The dry embossing was a Cuttlebug folder that goes with the Pagoda Cartridge.  The embossing was inked with Old Olive Tim Holtz Distressed ink.  The wet embossing was the Chinese Characters and fans from the Kimono stamp set from Stampin'Up!  One of the commenters in the class said the Chinese character is for Happiness.  I am happy enjoying crafting!

Happy Crafting!
Donna
Visit my Creative Memories website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.