Saturday, November 3, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 2

I am loving all the ideas I am getting from the Online Card Classes Holiday Card Workshop.  Here is my take on Jennifer McGuire's Card for Day 2.


The sentiment is from The Paper Studio and stamped in Ranger Vermillion Archival Ink.  I used a Stampin'Up! Edgelit Die to trim the card edges.  The heart punch is from Stampin'Up!  I used a subtle polka dot background on the kraft cardstock and the green ornament.  I edge the ornament hole and heart with gold leaf pen.  Jennifer put a baby picture under her heart.  My baby is 23 years old, so I stamped a Peace and Joy sentiment under my heart!

I also finished a card from the Day 1 example.

I had a hard time lining up the stamps from my example.  This was not an easy card for me but I do like how it turned out.  Stamps and sentiment are from The Paper Studio.  Inks are Stampin'Up! Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Wisteria Wonder and Tim Holtz Distressed Peacock Feathers.

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories website HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I like how you edged w/gold pen. Also, I like the distress ink on the snowflake card` really brings it together. I bought one of those stamp press things & oh my goodness, so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I just love the way the snowflake card turned out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.