Monday, November 18, 2013

House of Cards Classic & Elegant Challenge for November



We are in our fifth month here at House of Cards!  We love seeing you push your limits and trying out new card making styles!  We hope you're loving it as much as we are!

It's the third week of the month, so we need you to create something in the Classic & Elegant style. Classic & Elegant style can be defined as:   "Think a greeting card from Hallmark.  These are not really cards that fit into any other category.  They usually feature floral or other classic elements.  Less embellishments than Shabby & Vintage or Fun & Cute, but more than CAS."

This is our photo/color inspiration for the month.  

color nature

And here is my card!


I used Gelatos to stamp the image.  
Stamps, ribbon and cardstock are from Club Scrap Bold Blooms Club Stamp kit August 2012.

So be inspired by the photo, the colors, or both!  If you go with the colors, please choose at least 3.  Let your imagination take flight!  Some of us are in autumn, some in spring, so we tried to find a combo that would work for both seasons.  And perhaps even holiday cards?!

So hop on over to the House of Cards and play along with us!

Happy Crafting!
Donna

7 comments:

  1. I've got no knowledge of gelatos, but I love the effect of it on this beautifully stamped image! Beautiful card an design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna
    Some of us feel its Winter lol!
    Beautiful card and nice to see you back blogging. Hope the wedding prep is going well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I LOVE the effect of the gelatos. I have never used them, but might have to give it a shot. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! This kit was one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I just adore this beautiful creation!!! Coloring with gelatos is SO FUN and I adore them with this image! Fabulous card, friend! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! ;) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own any Gelatos yet, but they really do make for gorgeous creations like this card! I love the bloom! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love the watercolor look.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.