Monday, February 6, 2017

Cards in Envy Be My Valentine Challenge

The latest challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog is to show us your Valentine Cards.  Cards should say "be mine' or "Happy Valentine's Day."  I decided on a masculine Valentine's Day card.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce for Cards in Envy Challenge Blog, Masculine Card, Hero Arts Dude, CTMH Wild Thing

I used the Hero Arts (OWH) "Dude" stamp set for the bacon and "more than bacon" sentiment.  The original sentiment was "I like you more than bacon."  I definitely wanted to say "I love you."  Since I use Evernote to catalog my stamps it was easy enough to type in "I love you" and see all the different versions of that sentiment I had.  I settled on CTMH Wild Thing stamp set and was able to get exactly what I was looking for as a sentiment.  I was thrilled to find a piece of DP in my stash that had wavy lines similar to the stripes in bacon.  Perfect for the background.

Come check out the rest of the Design Team's cards over on the Cards in Envy blog.  Then link up your Valentine cards with us!

Happy Crafting!
Donna

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Valentine for a guy, Donna, or anyone who loves their bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fun sentiment Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty masculine yet plenty romantic in a way a guy would understand:) cool DP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna! I had forgotten about this stamp set for OWH ~ what a perfect reminder! Love how you changed up the sentiment for a great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna
    Have just finished laughing. What an hilarious sentiment. I'd struggle to send this as I can't think of anything I'd love more than bacon lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.