Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Two Dad's Day Cards

I wanted to post these two Dad's Day cards that I made for my husband but did not want to post them until after her received them. The heat here (over 100 degrees for the last 5 days with no end in sight) has made me disinclined to do anything but sit in front of my window air conditioner.  My crafting room in the basement has not stayed cool due to the extreme heat.  This is NOT normal for Colorado and the fires have smoked up the air really bad.

 But I digress, I made this card for my daughter to give to her Dad.
I used the Art Deco Cricut Cartridge.  I love the monogram designs you can make with that cartridge.  The DSP is Night and Day a retired DSP from Stampin' Up!

Here is the card from me that I made for my husband.
The background is made using Ranger foil tape sheets, a Tim Holtz embossing folder, Ranger Adironack Alcohol inks and then rubbing with steel wool.  There is a video you can watch on the technique on the May Flaum "Confessions of a Chocoholic" blog.  The Chevelle stamp and sentiment are stamped on Creative Memories White Shimmer Cardstock.  He loved both cards and was blown away by the Chevelle stamp from Stampers Best.  He raced a Chevelle on the quarter-mile track in his younger days, so this card was special to him.  I can make him many more with this great stamp.  (Also will be great for Operation Write Home masculine cards!)
Thanks for looking.

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can view my Creative Memories website HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Two fabulous card, Donna. The first card has a great retro look to it and I love the background on your second card. 1/4 mile track, huh??? Man after my own heart. My dad used to race quarter mile track and so did I. He must be a good man. He has an appreciation for racing and he is married to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He still races but it is a 72 Vega now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.