Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102 Day 4

Day 4 was all about alcohol inks.  I think I am still a little woozy from sniffing them (LOL)!


The tag on the left shows a faux patina on metal.  The tag on the right is a monoprint.  The silver metallic has a tendency to fade out the dragon stamping because of the way the light hits it.


The tag on the left is tinted tinsel.  Very messy to work with as it sheds everywhere.  Probably will not use this stuff again.  The tag on the right is faded layers.  I used a star stencil and a striped stencil to get the fades for a patriotic tag.   Still waiting for the faux cracked glass to dry to finish that tag.  I also have to make a trip to the store tomorrow to buy some light alcohol inks or I can't do the ombre effect tag.

Happy Crafting!
Donna


1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a bit of catching up after my holiday, and I'm picking up some great inspiration for tags here! I think the one with the little Christmas tree turned out to be SO cute - maybe messy stuff to work with, but definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.