Thursday, April 28, 2016

Club Stamp Dahlia Cards

Yesterday I discussed the differences between the Club Scrap Greetings to Go kits and the Club Stamp Kits.  Last night I had some time to finish up some cards from the Club Stamp Kits.  Sometimes I use Tricia's cutting directions to make my cards.  Other times I get inspired to create cards without using the directions.  This month I used Tricia's Assembly Line Cardmaking (ALCM) directions because I wanted to be sure I would use all the gorgeous pieces of paper to the limit.  (Something that Tricia is famous for!)   I do one thing different withe the ALCM directions.  Instead of using all the cardstock to make the card bases (8.5 x 5.5 inches), I cut them in half (4.25 x 5.5 inches).  I make card fronts and mount them to white cardstock bases.  That way I have extra cardstock to play with.  Here's two cards I created using Tricia's ALCM but adding my own additions to them.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce using Club Scrap Dahlia Kit, A2 Card
On this card I stamped the butterflies in Eggplant and colored them with orange and purple.  They have a coat of Wink of Stella for sparkle.  They show up dark in the photo but look much lighter IRL.  I also inked the edges of the DP to give it some depth.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce using Club Scrap Dahlia, A2 Birthday Card
On this card I switched out a Happy Birthday stamp from the Club Scrap Bugs set and added the multi-colored ribbon from the Embellishment Kit 
(I always order the Embellishment Kit as an add on to my kit order).

Come back on Monday for my Cards In Envy card to see one more of the Dahlia Cards from the Club Stamp Kit.

Happy Crafting!
Donna




6 comments:

  1. Donna, Love the colors on these cards. Your gorgeous palette really pops the black images and sentiments. Got your comment about the blog candy. Thanks.... and hooray! Will e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Donna! And you're such a tease, making us wait until Monday to see more! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...these are just fabulous! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DP looks like a handmade watercolored one. I find this look very artsy, love the style. Both cards are beautiful, Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.