Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Words 2 Scrap By Challenge #1

Some blogger friends of mine Bobbi and Sybrina, have a new challenge blog called Words 2 Scrap By.  Their first challenge involves The Sound of Music "Favorite Things" song.

So, what's the inspiration for the first challenge? Our first month's inspiration comes in the form of the song "My Favorite Things" from Rodger and Hammerstein's  The Sound of Music. You know the song, "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."

The challenge is to choose a lyric from the song and make a card based on your chosen lyric. Maybe your card will feature roses and raindrops... or kittens with whiskers... or another one of those favorite things mentioned in the song.

I was inspired by Carol L. who blogs at Our Little Inspiration.  She used the line "cream colored ponies" from the song.  Her card is gorgeous!  I remembered I had this great stamp from B&J's Art Stamps.


Cream Colored Ponies

Products Used:
Sizzix Labels 17
Tim Holtz Distressed inks in Antique Linen (to color horses) and Brushed Corduroy for edging.
Image stamped with Momento Rich Cocoa Ink
DP is Jillibean Soup Hearty Barley Mushroom
Sentiment is from Simple Sayings set Stamper's Anonymous (Tim Holtz)

On a different note, I gained 22 followers overnight!  Thank you all for joining my little blog.  I owe it all to Darnell at djkardkreations.  She gave me a shout out on her blog and wow!  Welcome everyone thanks for joining!

Happy Crafting!
Donna

8 comments:

  1. Oh! WOW! your card is stunning those horses are just so beautiful.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this color scheme with the beautiful horses. A lovely card and interpretation of the theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I inspired you, because this card is fantastic! Those horses look like Arabians and I love the earthy colors you used! Congrats on all those new followers! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna
    Gorgeous card. Love how you have coloured the ponies. The Sound of Music is one of my favourite films so I should pop and look at this challenge. . .just need to think of a card with schnitzel and noodles lol !
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    PS . . .congrats on the followers, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a gorgeous design with you pretty colored ponies.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing along with our first Words 2 Scrap By challenge!! Your "ponies" are beautiful, and a great interpretation of the challenge. Congrats on all of your new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,

    I was so excited to see that you posted a card -- and such a lovely, Carol-inspired card it is!

    Let me add my congrats on the new followers. I agree, they are totally deserved. And, thanks so much for playing along with our first W2SB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cream-colored ponies card is so fantastic, Donna! I think you did a wonderful CASE of Carol, who is always so inspiring to me, as well. Thank you so much for the shoutout; it was a pleasure to introduce you to all my other friends and I'm delighted that they came over to meet you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.