Thursday, January 17, 2013

OWH Stars and Stamp Sketch Challenge #155

Operation Write Home Stars and Stamp Blog Sketch Challenge #155 is here.  This was a little tough and I didn't know what to do with that strip over the top of the oval until I saw Sharon's card at the Desert Rose Outpost using vellum!  I really did love all the layers in this sketch.  Here is my take on it.

The paper and background stamps are from the Club Scrap Bon Apetite Greetings to go kit.  The butterfly and ribbon stamps are from the Close to My Heart Jardine Flair Stamp Set.  I used Stampin'Up Soft Suede ink for the background stamp and Ranger Adirondack Brights Raspberry Ink for the stripes.  I stamped the butterfly and ribbon in Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.  I used a Stampin'Up blender pen to color the stamped ribbon to match the striped background.

This card also qualifies for the Art Impressions Challenge 96 "Feeling Frosted."

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories Website HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Donna -- I like how you flipped the sketch. The vellum looks perfect -- thanks for the acknowledgement. I also like that image -- I'll have to take a look at CTMH stamping items.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and I love the elegant striped background! The way you blended the color on that ribbon looks amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy card! I like that soft suade ink you used, and the way you tied all the colors in with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your card is gorgeous! I love how you flipped the sketch and used the vellum for the center strip. Your papers are soooo pretty and all the layers wonderful. Thank you so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the vellum...as I was looking at it I thought I could have done something like that...one could even have stamped on the vellum so it was like a repeat...thanks for giving my mind something to think about. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a little too busy this week. I'll try next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, so so pretty and love the ribbon. It's perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.