Monday, October 19, 2015

Cards in Envy Trick or Treat

The challenge at Cards in Envy for the next two weeks is Trick or Treat (Halloween cards that make us think of Trick or Treating).  Here's my card for the challenge.  

CraftyColonel Donna Nuce, Stampin'Up Greeting Card Kids and Best of Halloween, Zig clean color brush markers, Halloween Card.
Yes even though this is a fancy fold card, it still folds up flat to 4.25 x 5.5 so it will fit in a standard envelope (the requirement for playing our challenge).  I used the Stampin'Up! Thinlits circle card die to cut the card out.   The image is NBUS for me (even though it is retired from Stampin'Up!).  I colored it with my new Zig clean color brush markers.  I took a class at Scrapbook Expo when they were in town 2 weeks ago.  I really like working with these watercolor markers.  Here's a look at the card open.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce, Stampin'Up! Thinlits Circle Card Die, Greeting Card Kids and Best of Halloween.  Halloween Card


My trick for the sentiment is to stamp it with Jet Black Archival ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder.  That way you don't get any black dots of embossing powder showing but still get a clean dark black shiny image.  

Come join us for some Halloween challenge fun over at the Cards in Envy blog.  

Happy Crafting!
Donna


5 comments:

  1. Fun card and I adore that paper. Darling image, I don't even remember that one form SU! but you did a fabulous job coloring it. Your sentiment stands out nicely by doing it that way. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fold and great choice of DP, it's a fab looking card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fancy fold card Donna!
    Lisa, CIE Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, What a fun card! Great job coloring with those new markers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Halloween card, Donna! Love the stamp, your coloring, the fancy fold and the plaid paper is the perfect complement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.