Thursday, May 24, 2012

Watercolor Effect with Direct to Stamp Inking

AirborneWife's Stamping Spot challenged us to try the watercolor effect with direct to stamp inking.  I have done this before when it took the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101 class.  I decided to try it again using some different techniques.

The technique on the left involves coloring direct to the stamp with markers, "huffing" on the stamp to moisten it and stamping the paper (I used Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper here).  I was able to "huff" on the image and stamp 3 times and still got a great image.  I then misted the stamp without re-inking it and stamped 3 more times on the watercolor paper  (140lb cold-pressed) on the right.  The image was way too soft to see any detail.  So after it was dry I re-inked the stamp and stamped 3 more times over the soft watercolor image to give it more definition.  Not totally satisfied with the results on the right.  If I do it again I will color the stamp and mist it and go directly to the watercolor paper.  Thanks for the challenge AirborneWife.

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can view my Creative Memories website HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Donna.... your images are beautiful. I really like the color combination you used.

    Thanks for sharing~ Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.