Thursday, March 7, 2013

OWH Sketch 162 and Inskpirational Challenge #10

I love it when I can combine two challenges into one.  The Inskpirational Blog Challenge this week is Shade of Green.  


I used Operation Write Home Sketch 162 as my starting point and came up with this card. I took a little artistic license with the sketch! 


I took a class in calligraphy and have been experimenting with frame-able Irish blessings.  While I was looking for ideas to decorate the calligraphy I found this and other wonderful stamps at Highlander Celtic Stamps.  Here is an example of my first take on this blessing.  It needs work (there are uneven strokes and spaces in the calligraphy) but I think when I get it right and use the stamps to decorate, it will be a nice piece to frame.


Products used:
DSP:  Authentique Faith, Bazzill Holiday Style, unknown
Green Apple Cardstock (Creative Memories)
Ribbon from my stash

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories Website HERE.


6 comments:

  1. This is SO cool, Donna! LOVE the Celtic stamps and I love your calligraphy sentiment! WOW--it looks like a stamp! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Great use of that Irish crest. What a perfect theme for a 'green' challenge! Great layering with just the right touch of embellishment. So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Donna. I love your take on the sketch and the greens. Lovely stamp and your calligraphy is awesome. Thanks for playing at OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, your calligraphy is stunning and that celtic stamp is gorgeous, love you card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just soooo cool! Love the celtic image, and your calligraphy is amazing! It's been ages since I used my "calligraphical skills", but now I guess I have to dust of my pens if I find them :) Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week, hope yo'll join us again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stylish Celtic card Donna, a a beautiful mix of greens, very serene and tranquil!

    I so admire your patience with calligraphy - I tried it and discovered it wasn't for me as I was too easily frustrated and not eager to put the practice in! I always love seeing examples and yours is beautiful!

    So nice to have you joining us at Inkspirational again, can't wait to see what you make for us next week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.