Wednesday, August 27, 2014

OWH August Our Daily Bread Design Challenge

I was shocked to see that Operation Write Home does not have 50 cards posted for its monthly Our Daily Bread Design (ODBD) challenge.  If 50 cards are posted ODBD pays for two boxes of cards to be shipped overseas.  Shipping costs are very expensive so we need to get to 50 cards.  Plus you have an opportunity to win a gift certificate for Our Daily Bread Design stamps.  The challenge for August is to include STARS on your card.  I made a card to write to one of our heroes.


Hobby Lobby had IROTOGEN colored pencils marked down in their clearance section.  I picked up some and colored this flag from The Rubber Cafe.  I stamped some old sentiments I have from Cloud 9 and KAndrews.  I'll write a nice message inside for one of our heroes.  If you have time in the next few days please make a card and post it to the challenge HERE.

Happy Crafting!
Donna

4 comments:

  1. A great patriotic design! I'll see if I can manage to enter a card to reach 50, it's for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I KNOW, we still didn't get 50 yet. I need to go make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being part of the ODBD/OWH challenge, we made it to 50! Hooray! Love the card and I am going to scamper over to my Hobby Lobby to see if I can find some Irotogen pencils, I might get lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna
    Fabulously patriotic. Glad you managed to hit the 50 cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.