Monday, September 2, 2013

OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party Round 5

OWH is having a Virtual Card Making Party this weekend.  There are ten challenges and the linkys will stay open until Sunday September 8th.  So there is lots of time to play along.  Challenge 5 is from Donna over at Donna Inks.  She asked us to use masking tape on your acrylic stamping block to create a background.  I really enjoyed trying this technique out.  


After covering my acrylic block with Artist Tape (I couldn't find the masking tape). I inked it with Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Pale Tomato.  I stamped down on the paper with a piece of foam underneath to get a good image.  The stamp set is from Close to My Heart "Home of the Brave."  I always use Range Archival Ink in Jet Black when I need a good solid black image like Lady Liberty here.  The stars are stamped three times with Stampin'Up Mariana Mists.  I coated the three largest stars with blue Stickles and will finish them off with glossy accents before I send this off as an anyhero card.  Only 5 more challenges to go.  Catch you later!

Happy Crafting!
Donna

2 comments:

  1. This came out great Donna! It has a modern art feel to it. I like how the stripes show through lady liberty. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula, the tape technique works wonderfully like this. I'll be CASING for some of my Any Hero cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.