Thursday, January 1, 2015

Glittery Color Challenge

Happy New Year!  I'm back with another monthly challenge from the House of Cards.
To use glitter and/or be inspired by this~
glittered (blues)

Now glitter is not one of my favorite things to work with so I had to dig around to find anything glittery but here's what I came up with.

Crafty Colonel, StampinUp, Thinlit Snowflake Die, Winter Card, House of Cards Challenge Blog,

I used my NBUS (never before used schtuff) (see Darnell at DJKardkreations.com for more info) Stampin'Up! Thinlit Snowflake Card Die.  Here's what it looks like opened.

Crafty Colonel, StampinUp, Thinlits Snowflake Card Die, Winter Card, House of Cards Challenge Blog,
Isn't that "BRR" cute?  For the card I used two kinds of glitter paper.  The blue glitter paper is from DCWV, my preferred kind to use because the glitter is embedded in the cardstock and does not shed.  The silver glitter is from Stampin'Up! and it does shed but creates a beautiful sparkle.  You can see the difference here in this close-up.

Crafty Colonel, StampinUp, Thinlits Snowflake Card Die, Winter Card, House of Cards Challenge Blog,

The challenge at the House of Cards is for all month long.  You don't have to use glitter - you can just follow the color scheme instead.  Hope to see you on the House of Cards Challenge Blog.
I am also entering this in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3.

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)
Happy Crafting!
Donna




24 comments:

  1. Like me Donna...I am not in love with glitter...your Stampin Up Snowflake die is lovely..Great and big and as a tools easy to make winter or christmas card with it..Love how you used the glitter paper...See you at my blog team mate...hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used a die to make this design!? Have to put that down on my wishlist. Love how your card turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna
    Fabulous card and love the Brrrrrr. I'm not a glitter fan either so only used it sparingly on my card,
    Hope you have a wonderful 2015.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Donna - especially the Brrr... Happy New Year to you and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love it! =)
    Lilian
    HOC new DT friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Donna, your card is just gorgeous! I love making different styles of card, and this one is just too cute! So glad to be on the DT with you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool, Donna!!! LOVE the fun snowflakes and I adore the fabulous fold! Totally awesome, friend! HUGS and happy new year! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty, Donna! You know I think I have that thinlits die and have never used it. YOU can be MY inspiration for using NBUS!! The shimmer of your paper is just the right amount and, yes, that BRR is adorable!! Thank you so much for linking up with my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Donna! I love that sparkly snowflake and the fabulous fold! Happy New Year, I hope it's a great 2015 for you!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that snowflake Donna! A great card! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love that snowflake :)
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna! Happy New Year to you! Beautiful card! Love the glittery snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fold on this card, it works perfectly with a snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! i love the layout and the glittery brrr, so perfect for this weather! thanks so much for the warm welcome and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Donna, love the large snowflake cut-out.
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donna, LOVE the colors you used and the glitter pops against it.
    Inspiring highlighting of the flip card too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is cool--love the twisting snowflake. I'm with you about glitter--pretty but can be ever so messy.

    Toni
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, such a fun snowflake shape and just the right amount of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous design and image, it is outstanding, I am a newbie to the design team but I have noticed your cards in many challenges and enjoy your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Donna. This card is so right for my out side now BRRR... Snowblizzard and freesing cold... about -15 degrees Celsius her.. I adore your card and those not standard folded card are great. Have made one of the but with a heart for a wedding. :)

    Take care
    Hugs Ma Dt HoC

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!! I love the snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card...like your pretty "glittery" snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Donna, I love the layers of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cool card! I love the design!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.