Friday, January 9, 2015

Inspired By Stamping Home Decor

Today I am over at the Inspired by Stamping blog to show you a Valentine's day frame to use for your home decor.
At one time I worked as a custom framer for Hobby Lobby.  The year that I worked there I acquired some nice frames that were in the "discard" pile for a very reasonable price.  The frame I used for this project was one of those discards so it was scratched up a little and in need of a little beautifying.  Using Stazon ink and glitter embossing powder perked up the frame.  I created a large heart and stamped it with many different stamped sentiments mounted on red shiny cardstock.  It was fun to combine these different stamped sentiments into a heart design.

Inspired by Stamping, Crafty Colonel, Various Stamp Sets, Home Decor, Valentines day




Stamps set used:   "Hugs and Kisses" from the Vintage Tickets Set, "Love" from the Fancy Circles set, a tiny heart "I heart you" and "love you" from the Teeny Tiny Greetings set, "I Love You" "My Dear" and "with Love" from the All Year Wishes I set, "Love stamp" from the A Lovely Birthday set, "love:" from the Holiday Tags set, two larger hearts from the Build a Stocking set, and another "I love you" from the Creative Tags set. (I also could have used the "with love" and "hugs & kisses" and "xoxo" from that set but didn't)  I stamped the frame with a flourish from the Fancy Tags set.

Happy Crafting!
Donna

5 comments:

  1. I love it. What a terrific way of decorating and getting you thoughts across all at the same time. Outstanding job on that frame. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna just walk around your blog and found your idea to stamp inside the heart is amazing and clever..I will try it too and so many sweet sentiment on the heart...lovely creatifity and love that frame too...happy Friday
    hugs, Monika
    PS:Hope you like visiting me back Donna, love your blog and cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna
    Amazing project and love what yo have done to the frame. Would make a super Valentine gift (or have I just spoiled Mr N's surprise lol!)
    Thank you for your kind comment. Made my day!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use smaller stamps! I've got so many and don't quite know how to use them. Picking up lots of good ideas over here:)
    The framed heart looks really nice, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea to add the embossing to the frame ! I worked at a custom frame shop, too and oh how I wish I had more wall space .....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.