Friday, January 23, 2015

IBS Spring Bouquet and Big Hello

Today I am over at the Inspired by Stamping Blog with a card highlighting the last two stamp sets in our new release.  The Spring Bouquet set and the Big Hello set make a great combination for this card.

Inspired by Stamping, Crafty Colonel (Donna Nuce), Spring Bouquet, Big Hello, Alcohol inks, Friend Card

What is sad about this photo is that you really can't see the shiny gold alcohol ink background on the card.  It seems impossible to get a good photo of it.  But here's a better close up of it.  
Inspired by Stamping, CraftyColonel (Donna Nuce), Spring Bouquet, Big Hello, Alcohol inks, Friend Card.

I started out using a technique with Alcohol Inks that Virginia Lu (Yes, Virginia) demonstrated on her blog HERE.  Then I decided to try the gold Alcohol ink and I changed it up completely.  Then I tried drops of alcohol ink directly onto the areas I wanted color.  You get an amazing "run" of color where I tried that.  It's a very free form look.  Thanks for stopping by.  Check out what my team mate Lisa came up with over on the Inspired by Stamping blog.
Happy Crafting!


Spring Bouquet

Big Hello





3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful is all I can say. I love it, Donna. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna
    Did have to do a double take when I saw your title as I associate IBS with something else lol!
    A beautiful card my dear. The background is amazing.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ideas for to me new coloring techniques are so welcome. I like how the colors blend together on this card and how they extend out of the lines of the image without looking messy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.